|wow I should update this more...
||[Jun. 2nd, 2011|09:51 am]
|||||少女時代 - THE GREAT ESCAPE||]|
so yea, feel like its time to update this journal. its been 10 months since I moved back to Japan and life is really good. sure there have been bumps and whatnot along the way, but lately I've been thinking about how happy I am. and omg wow time has passed so fast. like its already June?! holy crap.
- teaching has been for the most part fun. sure there was that crazy school, but they had my favorite 6th grader classes. every school has its good and bad points, and its not all dependent on the students. I'm very comfortable in the classroom now. right now I'm really liking most of my elementary schools. I'd feel guilty if I request one over the other for next semester...but that brings me to....
- April brought change. supervisor changed and now the BOE is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, at least in terms of ALT issues. so yea, I'm not even sure if I can request schools now lol. the three of us are definitely getting the short end of the stick when it comes to their concerns, which really bothered all of us. there are still plenty of hiccups, but for the most part we are used to the new schedule, hence why I'm really enjoying myself now.
- in terms of concerts, the first half of 2011 really stunk. February concert for Crystal Kay got canceled because she got sick and the doctor ordered her to cancel her entire tour. then because of the huge earthquake two months ago, the MAY'S concert in April got postponed til September. and then the one Amuro Namie concert I got fanclub tix for got cancelend. D: BUT, my luck has been changing now! they reopened fanclub lotteries and this time I found myself with tickets to 5 shows XD only going to three, but it was really nice to have choices! lol so yay gonna see Amuro-chan 3 times!!
- and my latest obsession...oh dear. I could probably go on and on about it, but getting straight to the point, I really really really like GIRLS' GENERATION, aka SNSD aka Shoujo Jidai aka 9 girl Kpop group. like it was really bad a few weeks ago and soooo glad its cooled down. so basically the most of the stuff they release in Japan and the image they put out is sooooo much better than the AKB48 crap and whatnot. I'm so obsessed that I tried out and got a position as a Japanese translator for this one huge SNSD fansite XD I really liked 'Genie', but omg 'MR.TAXI'...I blame that song for my obsession >_> and now their new album is like totally awesome and gaaaah... so yea, judge me all you want but OMG SNSD. tho to be honest, I tried listening to their old Korean stuff and....most of it was earFAIL for me. besides their first song and a few here and there, for the most part its forgettable for me.
- which brings me to more concert goings...after like 6 total FAIL lottery attempts at getting SNSD tickets for their Japan tour, I FINALLY got lucky and now I'm going to Saitama to see them live!! :D like I really wanted to see them now because my friend, a kpop expert, said that most Kpop acts only stick around for 5 years...and SNSD has been around for 4 years so far... so yea I kinda freaked out lolol. looks like my luck is turning around!! 5 Amuro Namie and a Girls' Generation lottery WIN. finally going to my first concert this year!! holy crap its been awhile >_<
- what else...oh yea badminton has been going well. really feel like I'm becoming part of the local badminton team. played in my first badminton tournament in years on Sunday and it brought plenty of flashbacks to the high school years of competitive badminton. didn't do too bad, my partner (who is actually a mom of 2 students I teach) and I got 2nd in our round robin block, but yea lost the first round in the single elimination tournament. there are many different skill levels...especially among the high schoolers. I believe the girls who got 1st and 2nd in doubles were high schoolers. this just makes me want to practice more and improve, even though I know I've reached a plateau. oh well, the next tournament/meet whatever is in July.
- last thing...I'm going back home in August for like 12 days. mainly going back just for a friend's wedding, but yea, might as well go home since my parents are always bugging me. though I don't think they want me back temporarily... after home I decided to fly to Hawaii and stay with a friend for 5 days or so. so yea, a real vacation!! love how I can carry over the rest of my vacation days for that :D too bad the tickets were freaking expensive, guess most people travel in August >_< but yea, will not be in Japan for most of August. I already know I want to eat Chipotle, bagels and cream cheese, and my mom's beef noodle soup lol.
kk, yea thats about wraps it up for now. so theres like an 8-9 month gap since I last updated, but whatever.